Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 2008 Highlights

For Mother's Day we went out to dinner with Ah-mah, Ah-gong, and Aunt Helen and Uncle Ivan. I got to eat lamb chops for the first time, including these fun bones to knaw on!
I also started my new part time job as a farm laborer in Ah-mah's vegetable garden. She put me to work picking fava beans, which are yummy (though better after you cook them). Here are Uncle Ivan's picture of me working in the garden.
Here I am hanging out with my friend Adam. We met a cute little girl at the library; we were both engrossed with watching her.
On Memorial Day weekend, we went camping on Angel Island, out in the San Francisco Bay (this was actually our 2nd camping trip of the month - I am quite the pro now). We had to take a ferry, then walk a mile (well, I got a ride in the stroller) to our beautiful campsite with its panoramic views. I like camping - tons of space to run around and pick up sticks and rocks. We also had a private beach, so Daddy and I could throw lots of rocks into the water!



We also went to Happy Hollow for the first time, and I got to ride a carousel, drive a fire engine (I liked the bell!) and pet a goat.

Happy Hollow also has a really cool maze that I liked running through. Too bad HH is closing (it will re-open in a year or so but the maze is going away....)
That's all for this time - coming soon: another visit with Ah-mah and Ah-gong, Father's Day, and some new videos!

Love,
Bryce

1 comment:

Adam Pawliger said...

You look so grown up in a nice shirt at a fancy restaurant! Love the pix from Angel Island. Hey, you be a farm loader and I a professional mover.

Adam